Food is a simple gift to give during the holiday season. It’s easy to get, easy to give, and very, very, easy to enjoy.
Here are seven simple holiday food gifts that are sure to put a smile on your recepient’s face this holiday season.
1) Fruit Basket or box of fruit. Harry & David is a great option. One of their most popular gifts this time of year are fresh pears. They’re delicious and can be served in multiple ways. You can even suggest poaching them and topping them off with a bit of cinnamon for a dessert!
3) Flavored Oils. Heart healthy flavored olive oil is a treat that cooks might not buy for themselves, but would enjoy having in their kitchen.
4) Coffee and Tea. Specialty coffees and teas with a nice mug are a great Christmas gift that won’t sabotage a person’s healthy eating plan. If you’re not sure about the caffeine, go for an herbal tea that is naturally caffeine free.
5) Spices or Rubs. If you know the person on your list likes to cook, interesting spices and/or rubs are a great gift. Whenever someone gifts us spices or homemade rubs it inspires me to try new recipes.
6) Gift Cards. Restaurant or coffee shop gift cards are excellent Christmas gifts to send someone. You can be sure it will get used and your recipient will be able to choose what they like most. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t appreciate being treated to a meal and/or a beverage.
7) Chocolates. Chocolate will usually put a smile on the face of the receiver. However, if you’d like to add a healthy twist to your gift, dark chocolate is the answer. Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease.
8) Wine, Craft Beer, or Spirits. I realize that alcohol is not food. However, the grown ups on your list that like to enjoy a cocktail or two, are sure to appreciate a nice bottle of their favorite adult beverage.
9) Fruit and Veggie Subscription. Give someone the gift that keeps on giving and treat them to a subscription to their local fruit and vegetable box delivery. Companies like Farm Fresh To You, Grub Market, and Imperfect Produce all offer this service and have different options to choose from.
Holiday shopping doesn’t need to be stressful. Keep it simple by giving the gift of food. 🙂
Have a gift idea you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear your ideas!
Here’s to a happy and healthy holiday season!